Code of Conduct
Ascend Global Media is committed to delivering a welcoming and inclusive environment/ platform for all, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, cultural background, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), technology choices or accessibility needs, for any event, programme (in person or virtual), or activity developed or conducted.
Every employee, partner, and individual associated with AGM, will be treated with dignity and respect. We pledge to make our events a safe and inviting environment where lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender varied, intersex, asexual, and queer (LGBTIQA+) persons can attend as themselves, free of judgement, discrimination, and harassment.
We do not tolerate harassment of any members of our platforms and participants in our virtual and live events in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any business community or conference, including talks, workshops, Twitter, and other online media. Members and conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of Ascend Global Media.
At Ascend Global Media we are an inclusive community
All participants of our virtual and live events, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers are required to agree with the following.
In being part of our community you should always conduct yourself professionally. Be kind, respectful, inclusive to all members. You must respect everyone’s privacy, you must choose your words carefully, you must be sensible.
All speakers should submit a draft and final presentation, failure to do so may mean expulsion from our platform.
Nobody should ever feel excluded based on their race, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or medical condition. Should anyone violate our code of conduct or anything noted above, Ascend Global Media will immediately – and permanently – remove you as a member of our community or a participant in our virtual/live events. We operate a zero-tolerance policy. I consent and agree to this statement and understand that any behaviour or action that contradicts this statement will result in my removal.
Code of Conduct
Please always conduct yourself professionally and be kind, respectful and inclusive of everyone.
Please respect everyone’s privacy and psychological safety - being a part of the Women in Technology World Series means there will be authentic, honest discussions on sometimes sensitive topics. Trigger/Content warnings will be advised where necessary.
We ask that you choose your words carefully and do not share/say anything that would be deemed as offensive or oppressive. We have a zero-tolerance policy on bullying, harassment or the promotion of hate speech.
- Be sensible – obey the law
- Do not impersonate anyone else
- Do not infringe on anyone’s privacy or intellectual property
Participants agree that the Organisers of Women in Technology World Series are harmless from any claims, loss or damage to personal property, liabilities, and costs, including legal fees, as a result of participation in the event.
The Women in Technology World Series is an ideal forum to share industry-leading knowledge and best practice within the technology sector. When presenting, speakers must adhere to the following guidelines concerning published postings:
- Content presented on the Women in Technology World Series stages remains your own work and that any quotes/references are accurately credited.
- For content that is recorded, Ascend Global Media owns the rights to the content to share with our paying attendees. Following the event, we can share the Vimeo link with you to promote it after the event
- Political content is permitted; however, we reserve the right to delete any posts that are used to air political opinions.
- Remember to be professional and do not post anything misleading, fraudulent, abusive, threatening, hateful, defamatory, discriminatory or illegal.
- Our Producers will review all presentations and will have the final decision to remove any content that is deemed to be in breach of our code of conduct.
- Content that incites, advocates or expresses pornography or sexually explicit content is prohibited.
- Content that contains or could be considered as a sales opportunity or pitching a specific product are not permitted.
- Content shared must not engage in any activity that harms or interferes with the operation of Ascend Global Media.
- Ascend Global Media takes a zero-tolerance approach to any content that threatens, stalks, defames, defrauds, degrades, victimises or intimidates an individual or group of individuals for any reasons; including the protected characteristics outlined in the Equality Act 2010.
- We encourage the sharing of knowledge and ideas; however, it is prohibited to post any promotional content of rival competitors or organisations. This includes but is not limited to other events or platforms specifically for women in the technology sector. Users are permitted to post promotional content of their ventures as long as they are not deemed a conflict of interest to Ascend.
- Please do not share anything that you do not have permission to share. This includes confidential content that belongs to your employer.
Should a participant break the Code of Conduct, we will take action. In severe cases, we will immediately – and permanently – remove the member from our events and will be banned from future attendance.
Let us know
We want to make sure our community is a safe and inclusive space. If you see any behaviour that violates our Code of Conduct, please let us know. Get in touch with one of our admin team at email@example.com or contact a member of the Event Team onsite at the event.